What it Means to be a Co-op Member
As a member of you electric cooperative, you are a part of the cooperative difference.
- Community-focused, delivering safe, reliable and environmentally responsible energy.
- Built by and belong to the communities they serve
- Led by you--our member, giving us an understanding of the communities we serve
- Able to respond quickly to our communities' changing needs because we answer to YOU, not stakeholders
- Not-for-profit so we share any excess revenue with you
You are also an owner of the cooperative. This means you maintain democratic control of the organization by electing fellow members to represent you on the board of directors. In fact, any member is eligible to serve on the board of directors. And, all members are eligible to vote for the board of directors at our annual meeting held in the spring. Be sure to read our newsletter and watch the website and Facebook for announcements on nominations, elections and the annual meeting.
Electric cooperatives are proud of their energy diversity. Corn Belt Power Cooperative, our generation and transmission cooperative, delivers the following energy mix to us: